We know that you care how information about you is used and shared, and we appreciate your trust that we will do so carefully and sensibly. This notice
By visiting the Websites, you are accepting the practices described in this Privacy Notice.
Personal Information Items to Collect
The Company collects the following personal information items for the purpose of membership, consultation, service application, etc:
[Purchase Feedback Respondents]
- - Items to collect: Email, whether to receive an email, IP address, date of visit, cookie, service use records, poor use records, product serial number, purchase point, country
- - Method to collect personal information: Participate in purchase feedback process
- - Items to collect: Email
- - Method to collect personal information: Sign up for the Samyang Newsletter or click ‘Yes, I will receive it’ button on purchase feedback page
[Samyang Photo Contest]
- - Items to collect: Email, whether to receive an email,
- - Method to collect personal information: Participate in Samyang photo contest event
Purpose of Collecting and Using Personal Information
The Company utilizes collected personal information for the following purposes:
- - Calculation of payment for the implementation of service contract and provision of service: Determination on whether business relations for product and service are made, implemented or maintained, provision of service, provision of contents listed on the website, etc.
- - Management of purchase feedback: Identification of purchase feedback, individual identification, prevention of illegal use and unauthorized use by dishonest members, settlement of disputes, handling of complaints such as grievances, provision of giveaways and event, customer satisfaction surveys, polls, follow-up call, management of maintenance records, designation of customer levels, etc.
- - Management of visitors, statistics analysis, etc.
- - Utilization for marketing and advertising: Delivery of advertising information such as events, etc.
- - Receipt and handling of consumer complaints
- - Newsletter subscription (Newsletters regarding new product, events, etc., Management of subscribers, Unsubscription)
- * Newsletters will be sent until unsubscribed.
[Samyang Photo Contest]
- - Management of contest, selecting winner, sending gifts, etc
Period of Ownership and Use of Personal Information
- In principle, any collected personal information is discarded without delay when the purpose of use is all accomplished; however, when other laws regulate the duty of storing information, personal information is stored in accordance with the regulations. For instance, the Act on the Consumer Protection in Electronic Commerce, etc. prescribes the preservation of any records on the contract or subscription cancellation and records on payment and supply of goods for five years and records on customer complaints or dispute settlement for three years.
- It is possible to unsubscribe from our newsletter at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link, which is also contained in every newsletter. We will erase your data in 5 working days following your withdrawal.
Procedure and Method of Discarding and Separately Storing Personal Information
In principle, the company discards personal information without delay after the purpose of collecting and using personal information is achieved. The procedure and method of discarding information are as follows:
- * Disposal procedure
- The information that users offer for membership registration is transferred to a separate database (separate file box for paper)
after the information is used for the intended purpose, stored for a certain period of time for reasons of information protection
under the internal policy and relevant legislation (Refer to the period of ownership and use) and destroyed.
The information transferred to the separate database is not used for any other purpose than being retained unless specified by law.
- * Disposal method
- Any personal information stored in the form of an electronic file is deleted using technical methods that prevent any recovery of the record.
- * Separate storage of personal information
- - Personal information of a person who does not use the service for a long time (one year or more) is stored and managed in separation of the personal information of other users as of August 18, 2015 in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act.
- - The period of non-use is calculated based on the date of most recent log-in.
- - The account of a user who does not use the service for a long time is separated, stored and managed as a dormant account without giving any other notice.
- - For the personal information of a non-user whose information is separately stored, service is provided at the request of the user prior to the point of disposal.
Provision of Personal Information
In principle, the company should not provide a user’s personal information to any external party; however, the following cases are exempt:
- * If users agree to the provision of information in advance
- * Pursuant to relevant legislation or at the request of an investigation agency based on the procedure and method stipulated in laws for the purpose of investigation
Consignment of Collected Personal Information
Consignment company Task Period of personal information ownership and use Ignition System development and operation for service provision, online marketing Until the cancellation of membership or end of consignment contract Blueweb System development for service provision Until the cancellation of membership or end of consignment contract NICE Inc. Identification As personal information is already retained by the company, the information is not stored separately.
Users and Legal Guardians’ Rights and Exercise Method
Users and their legal guardians are entitled to access or correct their personal information or request for the cancellation of membership.
A user can personally browse, modify or cancel their membership through the procedure of identification by clicking the change to personal information (or modify the member information) for the inquiry and modification of personal information and clicking the confirmation of cancellation of membership (withdrawal of consent).
Otherwise, the company will take countermeasures without delay if a user contacts the person in charge of personal information management in a written statement or by phone or email.
If a user requests the correction of any error in his or her personal information, it is not used or provided before the update is completed. If any wrong information has already been provided to a third party, the corrected information is notified to the third party without delay for correction.
Samyang Optics processes personal information which is canceled or deleted at the request of a user or his or her legal representative in accordance with the Period of Ownership and Use of Personal Information and prevents the search or use of the information for any other use.
Installation, Operation and Rejection of Automatic Personal Information Collection System
Cookies are tiny text files which are delivered by the server for operating the website and stored in the user’s computer hard disk.
- - To analyze the frequency or time of visit of members and non-members, identify users’ preference, interests and traceability and
conduct target marketing and provide customized service by checking the frequency of visits and participation in various events
Users have the right to choose the installation of cookies. Accordingly, users may set the options on their web browser to allow all cookies, require confirmation for every cookie or to decline all cookies.
- [How to decline cookies]
- Users have the right to choose to allow for the installation of cookies. Accordingly, users may set the options on their web browser
to allow all cookies, require confirmation for every cookie or to decline all cookies.
If you use Internet Explorer, you can change cookie setting in Tools > Internet Options > Personal Information on the upper side of the web browser; however, if you reject the installation of cookies, there may be some limitations in receiving some services.
Civil Service for Personal Information
With the aim of protecting customer personal information and dealing with any complaints related to personal information, the company designates a relevant department and director for managing personal information as follows:
- * Director in charge of personal information management
- Name: Jung Soonhyo (Innovation team)
- * Staff in charge of personal information management
- Name: Jo Minhee (Sales Planning team)
- Name: Yoon Sein (Sales Planning team)
Members may report any complaints on personal information found while using the company’s service to the personal information supervisor or relevant department.
The company will respond swiftly to the users’ reports and ensure sufficient responsiveness.
If you need any other report or counseling on the breach of personal information, please contact the following institutions:
1. KISA PRIVACY Center (http://privacy.kisa.or.kr / 118)
2. Personal Information Dispute Mediation Committee (http://www.kopico.go.kr / 1833-6972)
3. Cyber Security Investigation Division of Supreme Prosecutor's Office (http://www.spo.go.kr / 1301)
4. National Police Agency Cyber Bureau (http://cyberbureau.police.go.kr/ 182)
Duty of Notice
Any addition, deletion and revision of the current personal information policy shall be notified on the website.
* Date of notice and implementation: 2021-04-16