Chapter 1 General Provisions
Article 1 Purpose
- Article 1 Purpose
Chapter 2 Service Usage Contract
Article 4 Establishment of Usage Contract
- ② The Usage Contract is established as the company approves the customer’s application for use.
Article 5 Application of Use
For the application of use, a customer provides the following information in the membership application form on the user registration screen for the service:
- 1. Name
- 2. ID (serial number)
- 3. Password
- 4. E-mail
- 5. Age
- 6. Gender
- 7. Mobile phone number
- 8. Address
- 9. Other information recognized as required by the company
Article 6 Consent to Use Application
The company gives consent to the application of service use for a customer who applies for usage by accurately providing information stipulated in Article 5.
Article 7 Restriction of Consent to Use Application
① The company is entitled to choose not to give consent to the following application cases:
- 1. If it is impossible to provide service for technical reasons;
- 2. If a user applies for membership falsely by not using a real name or using another’s name;
- 3. If a user omits or miswrites any required information;
- 4. If a user applies for membership for the purpose of circumventing the law and order in society or public morals;
- 5. If a user previously lost membership based on Article 15-3; however, any case when a user receives company’s approval for reapplication for membership one year after disqualification is exempt; or
- Other cases when any requirements for application stipulated by the company are not satisfied
- ② Depending on the membership, service use may be partially restricted.
- ① The company is entitled to choose not to give consent to the following application cases:
Article 8 Change of the Contract
If information provided at the time of application is changed, a member should modify information based on a defined form and method according to a separate method regulated by the company.
- Article 4 Establishment of Usage Contract
Chapter 3 Service Use
Article 9 Commencement of Service Use
- ① The company commences the service upon the approval for the application by a member; however, some services commence at a designated date.
- ② If the service cannot commence due to technical or business reasons, the failure should be notified on Samyang Optics’ website or to members.
Article 10 Change and Suspension of Service
- ① The company may change all or part of the service from time to time without prior notice.
② The company may limit or suspend all or part of the service in the event of any of the following
- 1. If it is inevitable to limit or suspend the service due to construction work such as repair of service facility;
- 2. If a member impedes the company’s sales activities;
- 3. If there are some difficulties in providing the service normally due to power failure, disorder in the overall facility or heavy traffic; or
- 4. If there is any other unavoidable reason such as natural disorder or state of national emergency
- ③ If the company has to interrupt the service according to the above paragraph, it shall notify the members as specified in Article 9-2; however, when it is deemed impossible to make such prior notification owing to service interruption caused by an uncontrollable incident (negligence of a system operator, unexpected or unintentional disk failure, system crash, etc.), the company may not make such notification.
Article 11 Protection of User’s Personal Information
- ① A user is responsible for managing their ID and password.
- ② If the ID is illegally used, a user should notify the illegal use to the company.
- ③ The company endeavors to protect user personal information, including user registration information, in accordance with relevant legislation. A user’s personal information should be protected in accordance with relevant legislation and “Personal Information Protection Policy” stipulated by the company.
Article 12 Copyright
- ① The copyright for all information of the service belongs to the company.
- ② All information on the website shall be protected by the Copyright Act.
- ③ Any right and responsibility for a posting are vested in the person who publishes such posting. The company should not use the posting for any profitable purpose without the consent of the person other than displaying the posting on the website; however, any non-profit cases are exempt, and the company has the right to publish a posting on the website.
- ④ A member should not use any material posted on the website for commercial purposes, including processing and selling information which is acquired by using the service.
Article 13 Posting of a User
The company is entitled to delete a posting without prior notice if the contents of the service posted or registered by a user is considered as any of the following cases:
- ① If the contents of a posting intend to slander another user or a third party or cause defamation by libel;
- ② If the contents violate public order and morals;
- ③ If the contents are recognized as being associated with any criminal act;
- ④ If the contents infringe on other rights such as the copyright of a third party; or
- ⑤ If the contents are against other relevant legislation and regulations stipulated by the company
Article 14 Provision of Information
For information which is deemed to be needed for service use, the company may provide a user with such information by email or post.
- Article 9 Commencement of Service Use
Chapter 4 Cancellation of Membership and Limitation on Use
Article 15 Cancellation of Membership and Limitation on Use
- ① If a member intends to cancel the service usage contract, the member should apply for cancellation on Samyang Optics’ website or through a separate method regulated by the company.
- ② A member is entitled to notify the deletion of his or her membership registration (cancellation) to the company at any time. Upon the receipt of the request, the company begins the procedure for the deletion of the user’s membership immediately.
③ In any of the following cases, the company may limit, suspend or terminate membership through an appropriate method:
- 1. If a user registers false information at the time of application;
- 2. If a user threatens the order of electronic transaction by impeding the service use of another person or using the information illegally; or
- ④ If the company determines the need to terminate a membership, such registered membership is deleted. In this case, the company notifies the termination to the member (user) before the deletion of membership and allows for an opportunity for explanation.
Article 16 Prohibition of Transfer
A member should not transfer or give the authority to use the service and other status in the contract to another person. All rights and responsibilities, including the copyright for a posting, belong to a member who publishes the posting.
- Article 15 Cancellation of Membership and Limitation on Use
Chapter 5 Compensation and Others
Article 17 Indemnification
- ① The company shall not have any responsibility for the damages caused to a member with regard to service use while such service is free of charge.
Article 18 Disclaimer
- ① In the event that the company is unable to provide the service due to any natural disaster or similar unavoidable circumstances, the company is exempt from bearing any responsibility for providing the service.
- ② The company is not responsible for any failure of service use arising from any cause attributable to a member.
- ③ The company is not responsible for any damage caused by lost expected profit for a member using the service or any damage from materials obtained through the use of the service. The company cannot be held responsible for the reliability and accuracy of any information, materials and facts published by a member on Samyang Optics’ website.
- ④ The company has no obligation to intervene in any dispute regarding the service between members or between a member and a third party and is not liable for any related damages.
Article 19 Competent Court
- ① In the event that any dispute arises between the company and a member regarding service usage, a lawsuit is allowed only after sufficient consultation is held between both parties for settling the dispute.
- ② If a dispute is not settled even through consultation in the above paragraph, both parties are allowed to file a suit through the competent court via the Civil Procedure Act.
- Article 17 Indemnification